It’s the end of the year! Let’s do a count down of our favorite 2019 recipes!
As predicted, 2019 is the year of change for me and my husband. We have moved out of Southern California, and now living in San Jose. We traveled much more as well, Hong Kong, San Francisco, Seattle & New Orleans.
Because of all the traveling and moving, I wasn’t able to upload as many recipes as previous years. Thank you for understanding and the continued supports. It means a lot to know that you guys tried the recipes and enjoyed them. I also love connecting with some of you through social media. It’s 2019! It’s normal talking to people online and making friends, right? Let’s keep that going!
Next year will be an exciting year. I’m cooking in my new kitchen. We’ll be exploring the new cities in our area and trying out new restaurants. I’m surrounded by many different Asian supermarkets with new ingredients, which will be inspiring. I’m excited to share with you all in 2020!
Now, let’s get to our 2019 Top 6 Recipes count down!
6. Pork and Thai Basil Cellophane Noodles – A quick stir-fry noodle dish is always a win-win for any weeknight dinner. Packed with flavors, but doesn’t require many ingredients.
5. Mango Sticky Rice – I love this classic Thai dessert! When the mango is in season, you have to try this out. Incredible!
4. Pollo Saltado (Peruvian Chicken Stir-Fry) – If you never had this dish before, I know it’s very weird to see French fries in stir-fry. But it really works! Don’t forget to serve this with Aji Verde Sauce.
3. Stir-Fried Rice Cakes with Pork – This stir-fried is a traditional Chinese dish. Made with chewy rice cakes, dried shiitake, pork & cabbage. So comforting!
2. Strawberry Cheese Tea – This tea was inspired by my trip to Hong Kong. Fruity & refreshing tea drink topped with a cheesy cream foam. Just what you want for spring & summer time.
1. Aji Verde Sauce (Peruvian Green Sauce) – The creamy green sauce is the perfect condiment. It goes well with meat and rice. Best thing is that you just need to blend everything together!
BONUS – My Favorite Recipe of the Year:
Kimchi Carbonara – Putting a twist on a classic carbonara! Bacon, kimchi, egg & pasta. Creamy with a little kick! This has become one of my favorite weeknight dinners.
Happy New Year guys! See you all in 2020!