Imagine switching out the toast in bruschetta with tender chicken, I present you, Bruschetta Grilled Chicken! Melty cheese, juicy chicken, fresh basil & sweet tomatoes. This will make an excellent main course for date night.
Quick update: We have moved back home and finished unpacking. Things are getting normal again. I’m picking up the pace and working on some new recipes.
In the meantime, I’m very excited to share this recipe today. This chicken recipe is from my blogger friend Linda’s (Simply Healthyish Recipes) new cookbook, One-Pot Cooking For Two (available on Amazon). This book would come in handy for date night. I always struggle to figure out what to make for dinner for two. And most recipes out there are always targeted for four or more. I’m very excited that there are a lot of different options in this cookbook, like soup, vegetable main dish, seafood & snacks. It’s not hard to find something you will love. The book will be release on October 29, but you can pre-order right now! You can also enter the giveaway (instructions below)!
This chicken was so easy to make and it tasted amazing! Bruschetta flavors with chicken instead of bread. Brilliant idea! I love the chicken was first marinated in Italian seasoning , paprika, salt & olive oil. Then baked and topped with mozzarella. Melty cheese, fresh basil, sweet tomatoes, & savory chicken, they were perfect in one bite! I can’t wait to make this again.
Thank you Linda for giving me a copy to giveaway!
COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY: ONE-POT COOKING FOR TWO
How to Enter:
1. Go to my instagram account and like this photo.
2. Follow @missinglokness and @simplyhealthyishrecipes on instagram.
3. Tell me in the instagram comment, “What is one dish you like to cook/eat on date night?”
Giveaway closes on Wednesday, October 16, at noon (PST) and is open to US residents ONLY. One winner will be chosen at random. This giveaway is not sponsored or affiliated with Instagram.
GOOD LUCK! 🤞🏻🍀
Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 2 ripe tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar (divided)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of oil, paprika and Italian seasoning. Season generously with salt. Whisk to combine. Transfer to a large Ziploc bag. Add chicken, seal the bag and massage the chicken with marinade. Transfer to the fridge and sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Set aside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Remove the chicken from the Ziploc bag and wipe off any liquid. Place the chicken on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes (165˚F internal temperature), or juices run clear when cut into the thickest part. Top each thigh with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- On each serving plate, place a few slices of tomatoes with 1 tablespoon basil. Drizzle with ¼ tablespoon balsamic vinegar and ½ tablespoon oil. Season with salt. Top with chicken and serve with lemon wedges.
- The original recipe uses chicken breast cutlets, but I like thighs more. Feel free to use chicken breast cutlets. Each cutlet should be about 4-ounce.
- I also double the meat. Since I double the meat, I need to double the marinade and cheese too. Original recipe only requires 2 chicken breast cutlets, ½ teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning & 2 slices of cheese.