Who love to snack? This S’mores Puppy Chow is chocolatey & nutty with a hint of graham cracker & marshmallow. It’s so hard to just have a hand full!
Good news! We have set a move-back-in date. It’s still going to be a few weeks, but at least we know it’s coming soon.
This is our 3rd week at the hotel. Coming in and out everyday, we’re getting to know the people at the front desk and housekeeping. When we first checked in at the hotel, the girl at the front desk knew that we’re staying for a while, so she made an effort to get us the top floor and a room with an oven. That was super sweet of her. I’m so thrilled that I have an oven to use.
Our housekeeping lady is very nice as well. She doesn’t speak much English. When she found out Bryan speaks Spanish, she feels more comfortable and chats with us more. She works very hard with long hours. These are the people who you normally just walk by and wouldn’t even think twice. It’s not like we know everything about them, but I’m glad we talk to them and see something beyond those professional faces.
So I wanted to make something for them. The only problem is lack of equipments. No mixer, no hand mixer, no blender, and no large mixing bowl. But there is always something you can do. This puppy chow is just perfect! All I need is a big pot, spatula, large ziploc bag and a baking sheet.
Puppy chow is usually made with Chex cereal, but for the s’mores version, it’s only appropriate to use Golden Grahams cereal. Cover the cereal with melted chocolate, peanut butter & marshmallow. Then coat everything with powdered sugar. It’s a bit nutty and chocolatey with a hint of graham cracker and marshmallow. It’s a great sweet treat to munch on. I bet you won’t be able to stop once you start!
This is one of the easiest recipe I have worked on, but still taste incredible. This puppy chow is excellent as homemade gifts, appetizer for game day or holiday parties or just snack to enjoy on regular days.
S’mores Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddies)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Golden Graham cereal
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or pot over low heat, add 1 cup chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut butter. Stir constantly to melt and prevent burning. Once melted, add ¾ cup marshmallows. When the marshmallow starts to melt, add 6 cups of cereal and stir gently with a spatula until well coated.
- Transfer the cereal into the prepared Ziploc bag. Seal and shake to coat with powdered sugar. It’s ok to have a few clusters. You can break apart some through the bag. Carefully pour everything into the prepared baking sheet. Allow to cool completely.
- If serve right away or same day, add the optional mix (½ cup marshmallows, 1/3 cup chocolate chips, & 1/3 cup cereal) to the puppy chow. If not, store in an airtight container. Add the mix when ready to serve.
- 1 box of cereal is enough for this recipe.
- I like adding the mix into the puppy chow, but it’s optional.
- For storage, the puppy chow can last for up to 1 week. But the mix (cereal and marshmallow) get stale much faster (about 2 days). So toss the mix in just before you’re about to serve.