This Mushroom Pancetta Pasta is everything you want in your pasta. Packed with umami and savory flavors! So creamy and so easy!
I meant to publish this post a few days ago. Unfortunately, I got the flu. I was so tired and just couldn’t get myself to sit in front of the computer. I’m feeling much better today. Hopefully, I will be back to normal very soon. I miss good food and ice cream. Haha!
I’m always on a look out for good pasta recipes. When it comes to pastas, they always taste better in restaurants. It seems hard to replicate that buttery and creamy flavors. Let me tell you, this pasta tastes incredibly delicious and it sure has that taste from restaurant! This recipe is originally from RecipeTin Eats. To satisfy Bryan the meat eater, I added some pancetta. That savory, meaty flavor made this dish even better. You don’t need a lot of pancetta, just a small piece will do.
Other than pancetta, I also went with 2 types of mushrooms (cremini & portobello) instead of one. Cremini is a juvenile version of portobello. But they taste different. Portobello is slightly more earthy and meaty. They each offer something different. It’s nice to have 2 different mushrooms.
The pasta is creamy without having any cream. With the umami mushroom and savory pancetta, this pasta absolutely packed with flavors! Make this now and you won’t regret it!
Mushroom Pancetta Pasta
Yield 3 servings
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 6 ounces Portobello mushrooms
- 7 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 3 ounces pancetta (finely chopped)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- Rinse the mushrooms under tap water and dry with paper towels. Remove stems and cut the portobello into 3 parts. Cut all the mushrooms into ¼-inch slices. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water (salted) to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add pancetta. Cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- In the same skillet, remove most of the fat, except for 1 tablespoon. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat until they are slightly golden brown, stir occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Add parmesan, pasta, and ¾ cup pasta water. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving plates. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
- If you can’t find pancetta, use bacon.
- If you can't find orecchiette, use any pasta you like.
(Adapted from RecipeTin Eats)
Courses Dinner, Pasta