This Mini Naan Pizza with Corn and Prosciutto is a 30-min dinner for one! Sweet corn, savory prosciutto, creamy garlic sauce and bubbly melted cheese. It’s so easy that anyone can make it!
This is a dinner for one recipe. I rarely cook for just myself. Bryan comes home for dinner 99% of the time. But every once a while, he has cocktail hours with co-workers and he would come home a bit late. On those nights, I usually go for something quick and easy to reheat, like pasta, stir-fried noodles or gyoza.
Last week, I found out Bryan would be home late for one night. While wandering around the grocery store and trying to figure out what to make for dinner, I saw these packages of Stonefire mini naan. They are about the size of a slice of bread. They are fully cooked and ready to be used. Oh wait, wouldn’t they be great as mini pizza? YES!!! If you can’t find mini naan, you can used any similar kind of bread, like pita bread and pizza crust.
When it comes to pizza topping, I was inspired by the Roasted Corn Pizza from Brunch n Bites. Corn and prosciutto sound like the easiest and tastiest toppings, which is exactly what I’m looking for. For the sauce, I’m always into white pizza. I like that richness and creaminess from a white sauce. So I reduced 1/2 cup of heavy cream with minced garlic to create a quick garlic sauce.
The pizza takes less than 30 minutes to make. While preheating the oven, make the garlic sauce and sauté some frozen corn. Spoon the sauce over the mini naan. Cover with mozzarella cheese. Top with corn and bake for 10 minutes until bubbly. When the pizza is ready, place the prosciutto over and sprinkle with parley. Volia! You got yourself a wonderful dinner! These are some flavorful pizza! You get the sweetness from the corn, the saltiness of prosciutto, the creaminess from the sauce, and the crispiness from the naan. SO GOOD! Bryan got to taste them after his cocktail party, and he loves them too! Cut the pizza into quarters, they would be great to serve as appetizer in a party too! Either you need a quick dinner for yourself or for your whole family, this recipe won’t disappoint you!
Mini Naan Pizza with Corn and Prosciutto
Yield 1 serving
- 2 garlic cloves (smashed and minced)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 2 Stonefire mini naan
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- ½ teaspoon fresh or dried parsley (minced)
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add ½ teaspoon olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the heavy cream. Cook and reduce until slightly thicken, 8 – 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the corn and cook until they start to brown, about 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 2 mini naan on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon and spread about 2 tablespoons cream sauce on each naan. Top with a handful of cheese. Sprinkle with corn.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with prosciutto. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.
- I found the Stonefire mini naan at Ralph’s. You can use go to their website to find out where you can buy them.
- If you can’t find these mini naan, use any similar bread, like pizza crust or pita bread.
- This recipe can be easily double, triple or quadruple. But for the sauce, you probably don't need as much. 1 cup of heavy cream is more than enough for 3 servings.
Courses Lunch, Dinner