It is the last day of the year. Time flew by so quickly. How was your 2015? It has been a pretty good year for the blog. The most exciting was that the Korean Beef and Kimchi Quesadillas was featured on BuzzFeed in a recipe round-up. Even though it happened a while back, I can’t tell you how excited I still am!
Other than that, the blog finally got its own Facebook page! It will take time to build fans, but it is nice to be able to connect with readers in a different way.
The biggest change of all is that I am now the photographer for the blog. For the longest time, Bryan was the one who took all the food pictures. In the last couple of months, I have finally taken over. You probably didn’t notice any difference, right? Bryan has been working on the new lighting system. As 95% of pictures are shot during night-time, and good artificial lighting is crucial. Bryan set up a huge soft box and got a remote to control all the flashes. Now, the lighting is all good. 😉
Thank you so much for another great year, guys! I can’t wait to bring you more exciting recipes and beautiful pictures in 2016! Happy New Year! See you all in 2016!
Let’s do a count down of our favorite 6 recipes in 2015!
6. Swedish Meatballs – Forget about going to Ikea! Make these moist and tender meatballs at home. That tart, sweet and savory gravy is perfect over some hot steamed rice. Drooling about now…
5. Cider Mule – A little twist on the classic Moscow Mule. You only need 3 ingredients! Apple cider, ginger beer and vodka. So easy and good! Easy cocktail for your dinner guests.
4. Smoked Sausage and Corn Loaded Mashed Potatoes – What is better than mashed potatoes? Loaded one! These smokey sausage and sweet corns will take your regular mashed potatoes to another level.
3. French Onion Chicken – This is my favorite dish of the year. Combine the amazing French onion soup with some meaty chicken thighs. Bubbly cheesy goodness… Just make sure you have enough bread to soak up all that sauce!
2. Hong Kong Egg Waffle – This is the Hong Kong street food I miss the most! Crispy crust on the outside and soft cake in the middle. Great and fun little snack! Guarantee you would want more after your tried this!
1. Korean Beef and Kimchi Quesadillas – Not your traditional quesadillas. These are with Korean flavors. Stuffed with sweet and savory ground beef, spicy kimchi and of course, CHEESE! So delicious!