We are back home. We had fun in Vegas, but very tiring! 4 days in Vegas for CES required at least 2 days to recover. For the whole weekend, we pretty much sat on the couch, watched TV and played video games. That is our kind of relaxing. 🙂 As we ate and ate tons of good and fatty food during the trip, I know I need to cook some healthier food. While brainstorming, I discovered Chobani #MadeWithChobani project. Probiotics in yogurt help with digestive system, which would be something we totally need. So I have decided to make something with Chobani plain Greek yogurt.
How about some mushrooms and yogurt dip? Mushrooms are one of my favorite food. That earthly flavors just can’t be found in anything else. This dish is simple and healthy. Sauteed and caramelized some crimini mushrooms, then served them with a tangy, flavorful and creamy curry yogurt dip. The rich mushroom flavors paired really well with the yogurt dip. They complimented each other greatly. In fact, the yogurt dip is great with any steamed or slightly sauteed vegetables. I guarantee your vegetables won’t be bland or boring any more. Enjoy!
Sauteed Crimini Mushrooms with Curry Yogurt Dip
– 16 ounces crimini mushrooms (also called baby bella or baby portobello)
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
– 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
Curry Yogurt Dip:
– ½ teaspoon, plus 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
– ¼ teaspoon garlic (minced)
– dash of smoked paprika
- For the mushrooms, rub and wipe off any dirt with paper towels. Trim the stems, so the stems line up with the bottom of the mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, add the yogurt, curry powder, garlic and paprika. Stir to combine. Season with salt to your own taste. Set aside.
- In a large pan over high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mushroom with the stem side down. Do not move them around. Cook until the bottom is caramelized, about 3 minutes. Turn over and continue to cook until caramelized, about 3 – 4 more minutes. Add butter and garlic. Toss the mushroom around until covered with butter. Season with salt. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve immediately with the curry yogurt dip.
- Crimini mushrooms have a lot more flavors than button mushrooms, so do not substitute.
- Add more garlic or curry powder depends on your liking.