In recent year, Bryan and I have been trying to live a bit healthier. At least, we are changing little by little. As we are growing older, we realize our bodies weren’t like before any more. It is time to focus on our health. Going to the gym, eating more greens and eating less.
Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. But with our busy lives, it is hard to pull out a full breakfast every day. Greek yogurt is a great fast option. We also find smoothie can be very filling, take no-time to toss together, and easy to eat on-the-go. We have found a few recipes we like, and we just rotate them every day.
One of my favorites is this strawberry banana one. We use unsweetened soy milk. Our stomach can’t really take milk in the morning. We are not fan of almond flavor. Soy milk sounds like the next logical choice, especially I drank it growing up. Banana is smoothie’s best friend. It brings creaminess and natural sweetness, but always use ripe banana. A few frozen strawberries is more than enough. They can be tasted but not overwhelming other flavors. With a little bit of sweet honey, the smoothie is ready! Love it!
Now, I am just missing a nice blender. Hmm… How about a Vitamix for Christmas? 😀
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
– 3 large frozen unsweetened strawberries
– 3 ice cubes
– 1 large ripe banana
– 1 – 2 tablespoon honey
– 1¼ cup unsweetened soy milk
- In a blender, add frozen strawberries, ice cubes, banana, 1 tablespoon honey and soy milk. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more honey if needed. Transfer to cups and serve immediately.
- Frozen strawberries help to thicken up the smoothie. But if you prefer fresh ones, you can use them too.
- When buying frozen strawberries, check the ingredient list and make sure no extra sweetener was added.
- Other than strawberries, you can switch it up with other frozen berries.
- This portion will keep you full for 3 hours. Double the recipe if needed.