Last Saturday, Bryan and I went to see World’s largest rubber duck in San Pedro. The duck is more than a 100 feet tall. It is an art piece that has traveled around the world since 2007. While it was in Hong Kong last year, my facebook feed was filled with tons and tons of pictures of this rubber duck from all my families and friends. I hoped to get to see the duck myself one day. At last, the duck has arrived in Los Angeles. The duck is giant with a cute little face. We are glad that we got to see it. If you are interested, the duck will stay in San Pedro until Sept 9th.
Summer is almost over, but the weather is still pretty warm. My cooking desire usually is not very high during summer time, because my kitchen gets really hot, especially if I have my oven on. I sweat and sweat. I just don’t like it. Therefore, a cool meal without much cooking is my kind of summer dinner.
This shrimp salad is right up my alley. The buttery shrimps were filling and stuffing. The miso dressing is slightly sweet, umami and creamy. If you haven’t tried miso before, don’t be scared by it. White miso is mild and sweet, which makes great salad dressing. With the refreshing cucumber and creamy avocado, this salad makes me very happy. Serve this with some bread rolls, your dinner is ready. Enjoy!
Shrimp Salad with Garlic Miso Dressing (Adapted from Pinch of Yum)
– ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
– 1 garlic clove (minced)
– ¾ pound shrimps (peeled and deveined)
– dash of red pepper flakes
– 1 large avocado (diced)
– ¾ English cucumber (peeled and diced)
– 5 ounce baby romaine or romaine
Garlic Miso Dressing:
– 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 3 tablespoons lime juice
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1½ tablespoon white miso
– 1 small garlic clove (minced)
– ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, add all the dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine. Taste and adjust. Set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium high heat, add the butter. Add garlic and shrimps. Add red pepper flakes. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the shrimp is cooked through and slightly golden brown.
- Place the romaine in serving bowls. Top with shrimps, avocado, and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
- Use any greens you like, spinach, spring mix.
- White miso can be found in Asian supermarkets or some regular supermarkets.