After trying out this dish, you will fall in love with broccoli (even if you are a kid). The roasted broccoli is sweet and tender. Some freshness from the lemon juice and amazing fragrant from the zest. And who doesn’t like cheese? This is very simple and healthy. Just toss in the oven and wait for it. Perfect to go with any steak and pasta dishes.
Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli (Adapted from Ina Garten via Foodnetwork.com)
2 – 3 servings
– 2 pounds broccoli
– 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
– 2 teaspoons lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
– olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets. Discard the rest of the stalks. Cut the larger pieces of florets through the base of the head with a small knife and pull the florets apart.
- Place the broccoli florets on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toss with the garlic slices. Drizzle 2½ tablespoons olive oil over and toss again. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until the tips of some florets are browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Set aside.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven. Drizzle the lemon juice mixture over the broccoli and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the florets. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
- I like my broccoli to be on the softer side, so 25-minute is perfect. But if you like your broccoli to be crisp-tender, 20-minute is about right.