What are you making this 4th of July weekend? Tired of the plain old burger and hot dog? I have an idea for you. Instead of making a good old hot dog, you can try this bacon wrapped hot dog to bring it up a notch. It is still very simple, but there is so much more flavors. The bacon was crispy and smokey, and the pepper and onion brought some sweetness to the hot dog. This recipe wouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes to make. You can have a stress-free and delicious 4th of July party or dinner!
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
– 4 large hot dogs
– 4 hot dog buns
– 4 slices bacon
– 1 small onion (thinly chopped)
– 1 red bell pepper (thinly chopped)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 tablespoon butter
– yellow mustard
- Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around a hot dog. Try to cover as much part of the hot dog as you can. Repeat with the rest of the hot dog and bacon. Set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat up the butter and olive oil. Add the onion and cook until slightly golden, about 3 minutes, stir often. Put in the pepper. Cook until the onion and pepper are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a grill pan over medium-low heat, put in the hot dogs. Cook until the bacon is brown and crispy, about 6 minutes total.
- Put the hot dogs into the buns. Top with ketchup, yellow mustard, onion and pepper. Serve immediately.