Bryan and I love to order Thai iced tea when we go to eat Thai food. Thai iced tea is strong, and sweet. It is a great drink. After a few attempt, Bryan and I have come up with this recipe. It is easy, and it tastes like the one in restaurants. Now, you can pay less for more. Enjoy! 🙂
Thai Iced Tea
– 1 cup Thai tea mix
– 4 cup water
– ½ cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 cup half and half
– 8 – 12 ice cubes
- Boil 4 cups of water in a kettle. Put the tea leaves into a 34-ounce coffee press, and pour the hot water into the press. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Press down the tea leaves. Add the sugar and mix well. Pour the tea into a pitcher. Let it sit and cool for a while before chilling in the fridge.
- In a glass cup, add 2 – 3 ice cubes. Pour a cup of cold tea into the glass. Add ¼ cup half and half and adjust to your taste. Mix well and serve immediately.
- If you do not have a coffee press, you can boil water in a pot. Add the tea leaves and let it sit for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and mix well. Strain the tea with a fine strainer or a tea sock into a pitcher.
Where can you buy Thai tea mix?
Shun Fat Supermarket (1635 S San Gabriel Blvd, San Gabriel, CA 91776)