Bryan and I don’t eat bell peppers much. I was a bit hesitated to make this side dish. Surprisingly, Bryan and I both love the peppers. The peppers looked incredible. The juice and cheese almost oozed out. The pepper was smoky, cheesy, and sweet. And, there was a hint of tartness from the balsamic vinegar. It was an amazing side dish! I am very happy that I gave this recipe a try.
Stuffed Bell Pepper with Mozzarella (Adapted from My Private Kitchen)
2 – 3 servings
– 3 bell peppers (any color)
– 6 ounce low-moisture mozzarella cheese
– 6 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
– 4 – 5 garlic gloves (thinly sliced)
– ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Clean and cut each bell pepper in half, leave the stem intact. Remove the seeds and innards. Place the bell peppers on a baking pan or sheet with the open side up, like a cup. Set aside.
- Cut the mozzarella into ¼-inch thick square slices. Shape the cheese that each slice can fit into each bell pepper in one layer.
- In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix well.
- In each bell pepper, put in a few slices of garlic. Dip the mozzarella slices into the balsamic mixture, and stuff one slice of cheese into each pepper. Season each bell pepper with little bit salt. Add ½ teaspoon of balsamic mixture in each pepper. Top each pepper with 1-teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
- To make sure nothing would be leaking out of the peppers, you can put a slice of garlic at the bottom of the pepper for balance.