This is my favorite dish growing up! Chicken wings are marinated with green onions & soy sauce for 24 hours, then bake in the oven until beautifully golden brown. Savory and juicy! Perfect as an appetizer or with a bowl of rice.
This is my mom’s recipe. When my mom makes chicken wings, this is exactly how she makes them. It is juicy and pretty healthy. It is mainly made with soy sauce and green onions. The green onions were really sweet after being baked. They were perfect on rice. Delicious! This recipe has very few ingredients, and the dish is very easy to make. The only thing is the marinade time. Just do it a day ahead, and you are good to go the next day!
Baked Chicken Wings with Green Onions
Yield 2 servings
– 16 – 18 chicken wings
– 1 green onion (finely chopped)
– vegetable oil
– 4 green onions (finely chopped)
– 2½ tablespoons soy sauce
– 1½ teaspoons sugar
– 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
– ½ teaspoon white pepper
– 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- In a small bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients, except the Shaoxing wine.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken wings with paper towel. Put the wings in a large Ziploc bag. Pour in the marinade. Squeeze out as much air as possible and zip the bag. Massage the wings with the marinade through the bag. Keep in the fridge for at least 3 hours or best for 24 hours. If you can, flip the bag one or two times during the marinating process.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Lightly grease the foil with vegetable oil.
- Take the wings out of the fridge. Add in the Shaoxing wine. Marinate for 10 more minutes at room temperature.
- Place the wings skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 14 minutes. Then flip the wings over and continue to cook for another 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer them to a serving plate. Top with green onions. Serve immediately.
- It’s best to marinade the chicken wings for 24 hours, so the flavors can get inside the meat.
- Shaoxing wine can be bought from Chinese supermarket or from Amazon.
Courses Dinner, Appetizer