This Watermelon Mojito requires only 6 ingredients! Fresh watermelon, mint, lime juice, rum, sugar and ice cubes. It’s summer in a bowl (WATERMELON BOWL)!
Summer is fast approaching. It was 90˚F last weekend. We almost needed to turn on the air conditioning. For weather like that, Bryan and I were craving for watermelon. Be more specific, a cold, sweet and refreshing watermelon. We went to Whole Foods and picked up one of those personal sized watermelons. They really are the perfect size and taste just as good as the big one.
We ended up using half of the watermelon to make this insanely tasty cocktail. Just 6 ingredients! Watermelon, mint, lime juice, sugar, light rum, and ice cubes. Put everything in a blender and combine. To make the drink more fun, I serve it inside of the watermelon. I also added some watermelon balls. It is really nice to get the sweet fresh fruit in a drink. It is super easy, delicious, and fun! I am thinking that I may have to make another one this weekend! 😉
Yield 2 servings
- ½ personal sized watermelon
- 9 fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 1½ limes)
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1½ – 2 ounces light rum
- 5 ice cubes
- For the watermelon, use a melon baller or small cookie scoop to make 10 (about ¾-inch) melon balls. Set aside in a medium bowl. Using a big spoon to scoop up all the flesh. Measure out 9 ounces of flesh and transfer to a blender or food processor. Make sure all seeds are removed. (Enjoy the leftover flesh yourself!)
- Add mint leaves, lime juice, and sugar into the blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust with sugar and lime juice if needed. Add desired amount of rum, 1½ – 2 ounces. Blend until just combined.
- Add ice cubes and the watermelon balls into the hollow watermelon bowl, pour in the mojito. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t have a melon baller or cookie scoop, you can remove the flesh and cut into cubes.
- To make it easier, you can also skip the watermelon bowl. Just use glass cups!
- Need some tips to pick a sweet watermelon? Read here.