Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday. And we can’t go without some chicken wings. These chicken wings are perfect. They are smokey, little sweet and packed with flavors. Absolutely fantastic! The most important is that they just need to go in the oven. Not much work is needed. You can just sit back, relax and enjoy your game with your families and friends, instead of being stuck in the kitchen to cook.
Baked Smoked Paprika Chicken Wings (Adapted from Damn Delicious via Domestic Fits)
2 – 4 servings
– 3 pounds chicken wings
– 2½ tablespoons olive oil
– 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
– 3 teaspoons light brown sugar
– 3 teaspoons garlic powder
– 1½ – 3 teaspoons chili powder
– 1½ teaspoon onion powder
– 1¾ teaspoon kosher salt
– 1½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with foils or parchment papers.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, smoked paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with paper towels. And mix them well with the paprika mixture.
- Place the chicken wings on the prepared baking sheets in a single layer. Bake in the oven 15 minutes. Then turn the other side and continue to cook for another 10 – 13 minutes until cook through. Transfer the wings to a serving plate. Serve immediately.
- Regular paprika is NOT smoked paprika. It doesn’t have much flavors. Smoked paprika has a sweet and smokey taste which can’t be substitute. I got my smoked paprika in a regular supermarket on the spices section.
- The original recipe comes with a dip, but I found the chicken wings very flavorful and juicy by themselves. No dip is needed.
- There are about 30 small wings in 3 pounds of chicken wings. It is just right for 2 people for dinner if chicken wings are the only dish.
- For the chili powder, 1½ teaspoon is perfect for mild. Adjust to your own taste.