Happy New Year! To start of the new year, I share with you this healthy and delicious veggie recipe. The zucchini was soft and juicy in the inside and crispy on the outside. Delicious! This is a really great side dish or snack. I am sure everyone will love it, even kids who do not like vegetables will like it.
Zucchini Parmesan Bites (Adapted from Ellie Kriegar via Food Network)
2 – 3 servings
- 2 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup panko or plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Slice the zucchini into ¼-inch thick slices. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, panko, dash of salt, and pepper. Roll and coat the zucchini slices into the Parmesan mixture. Press the coating on to stick. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle extra Parmesan mixture on top of the zucchini.
- Bake until browned and crisp on the outside, about 25 – 30 minutes. Transfer the zucchini to a plate. Serve immediately.